Friday, April 8, 2011

Namely....

So for the first thing I put on here, I want to discuss my name, "Warrior On The Right" and the meaning behind it. Thanks to the amazing guys in my "Way Of The Warrior" study a.k.a The Man Study, I've been getting more and more interested in names, identities, and the meanings behind them. My name for example, Benjamin Keith; Benjamin means "Son Of My Right Hand", while Keith means "Descending Warrior". I've known the meaning of my first name for a while, but up until last week, I had no clue as to the meaning of my middle name. I wasn't exactly sure what to make of it at first, but a good friend of mine put it into perspective for me. When he thought of a descending warrior, he thought of a guy who was leading his army down the hill, straight into the fray of battle. A man who was brave, valorous, and depending on God to guide his path. Needless to say, I really really like my name.
As for the name of my blog, "Journey to Godly Manhood". This stems from my recent actions taken, and God's ongoing plan, to become a better representation of a Godly man to the world around me. I am right now in the middle of my second "Man Study", the first one being about purity, love, and relationships mainly, the current one being about the warriors of the Bible. It is so amazing to dive into God's Word with fellow brothers in Christ who are struggling through the same mud pits that I am. To be able to be honest and open and real with each other without any fear of reprobation.

I hope you will enjoy this journey which we are embarking upon "together", this journey towards a deeper intimacy with Christ. I know I will.

Prayerfully His,
Benjamin Keith Means

P.S. I wanted to leave you guys with this Scripture which has been a big part of my life for a while now. I've found it to be useful when you find yourself to be caught in a valley.
"But You, O Lord, laugh at them; You scoff at all the nations. Because of his strength I will watch for You, for God is my stronghold. My God in His lovingkindness will meet me; God will let me look triumphantly upon my foes."
-Psalm 59: 8-10 (NASB)

1 comment:

  1. Your an amazing young man. I pray that your journey will continue for the rest of your days on this earth and into eternity where we will serve a Mighty Saviour. I am proud to be your father and humbled to be your brother in Christ.

    ReplyDelete